Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Countdown to freedom!

Last year in honor of Jackson's birthday, I did his 7 years in review.  This year I'm going to countdown our 5 week hospital stay from birth to home.  On May 21, 2004 after many stress tests it was time to bring Jackson Bradley Meyers into the world.  As we rushed to Norfolk, unsure of his future, we called family and I personally prepared for the worst.  Brad always kept a positive outlook that all was going to be okay (which now I attribute to his faith).  Inside I was dying, expecting to birth this baby and say goodbye to him shortly after.  Well, God had other plans for our amazing son.  Here's a small snapshot of his first day!

Two of my many rocks in life.
My forever love
 Amazing team who so carefully brought Jackson into the world.
  Here he is.  2 pounds 5 ounces.  This doctor, one of my heros!
Daddy is so happy, he was right!
 All is well, he gets to stay at Norfolk Sentara by 25 GRAMS!
 The journey to get home begins.
 Uncle Allen holds the diaper on his hand to show the size.  Jackson is wearing one in the picture above.  It was really big on him.
Family & friends waiting patiently, praying constantly for his health.
Love you guys!
Jackson's entire hand was the size of my thumbnail.  I will forever be grateful for this miracle I witnessed.  Daddy showing his hand in comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment