Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weeks 1 & 2

This video is sideways but it shows how small and weak his little cry was.
He was so tiny.
 One of the first times I was able to hold him.



 He had to have a feeding tube for a brief time.
 Odds against the "wimpy white boy" (as they call them in the nursery) 
didn't keep him from this peaceful grin.
 His first bath.  I would say this was near the end of week 2.  I remember being amazed by how tiny he was with no bundled clothes and blanket.  We bathed him in a bed pan until he was 3 months old.
 My little angel.  He was so fragile, yet so strong.
Meanwhile, this was what our freezer looked like.  I was able to feed him breast milk for almost a year from what I stocked up on while he was too tiny to feed.
 Our home away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment